Masturbation simply means stimulating the genitals, or other areas of your body, for pleasure. It is a type of sex which can best be described as “do it yourself” type of sex. It occurs among people of all backgrounds, genders, and races.
Also Masturbation comes with some benefits; getting to know your body and what your body feels good, releasing sexual tension, relaxing and helping you fall asleep, improving your mood, relieving menstrual cramps. It’s also free from the risk of pregnancy and STIs.
People that masturbate often and it gets in the way of other things they do daily and enjoy, like hanging out with friends, then it is best they try to find a way to stop. Or if you found yourself using dangerous objects that could hurt you or someone else all in the name of attaining self sexual pleasure, then you may need to consider other methods.
If you feel like you are addicted or have gone beyond mere experimenting some certain measures to stop the addiction, speak to a doctor or counsellor. And don’t be embarrassed. They’ve heard (and seen) it all before!
If you notice you are masturbating too much and it is becoming an habit then you should try the following steps;
- Never touch the intimate parts of your body except during normal toilet processes.
- Avoid being alone as much as possible. Find good company and stay in this good company.
- If you are associated with other persons having this same problem, YOU MUST BREAK OFF THEIR FRIENDSHIP. Never associate with other people having the same weakness. Don’t suppose that two of you will quit together, you never will.
- When you bathe, do not admire yourself in a mirror. Never stay in the bath more than five or six minutes — just long enough to bathe and dry and dress AND THEN GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM into a room where you will have some member of your family present.
- When in bed, if that is where you have your problem for the most part, dress yourself for the night so securely that you cannot easily touch your vital parts, and so that it would be difficult and time consuming for you to remove those clothes.
- If the temptation seems overpowering while you are in bed, GET OUT OF BED AND GO INTO THE KITCHEN AND FIX YOURSELF A SNACK, even if it is in the middle of the night, and even if you are not hungry, and despite your fears of gaining weight.
- Never read pornographic material. Never read about your problem. Keep it out of mind. Remember — “First a thought, then an act.” The thought pattern must be changed. You must not allow this problem to remain in ur mind. When you accomplish that, you soon will be free of the act.
- Put wholesome thoughts into your mind at all times. Read good books — Religious books (Scriptures). Make a daily habit of reading at least one chapter of Scripture. Anything from the scripture can be helpful because of their uplifting qualities.
- Pray. But when you pray, don’t pray about this problem, for that will tend to keep it in your mind more than ever. Pray for faith, pray for understanding of the Scriptures, your friends, your families. BUT KEEP THE PROBLEM OUT OF YOUR MIND BY NOT MENTIONING IT EVER
When the temptation to masturbate is strong, yell _STOP_ to those thoughts as loudly as you can in your mind and then recite a Scripture or sing an inspirational hymn. It is important to turn your thoughts away from the selfish need to indulge.
Set goals of abstinence, begin with a day, then a week, month, year and finally commit to never doing it again. When you’ve make up your mind to stop the addiction you should aim at “never doing it”, only then can you put an end to the addiction.
Behavior and attitude change is most easily achieved through a redeemed self-image. Believe and make sure you are strong and in control to enable you overcome tempting situations easily.
Begin to work daily on a self-improvement program. Let this proposed plan work to improving your Life, to improving your relationships with your family, God and others. Strive to enhance your strengths and talents.
This method is effective and I believe it will work.
Join any sex education class, channel and read up everything bot pros and cons of masturbation.
Be assured that you can be cured of your difficulty. Many have been, both male and female, and you can be also if you determine that it must be so.