Orlu has been a battleground of latest between the navy and ESN operatives, with the army pronouncing on Friday that it killed eleven ESN and IPOB operatives in a gun duel.
According to a file with the aid of SaharaReporters, a yet-to-be-identified Nigerian Army soldier has warned residents of Orlu city in Imo State to both relocate or be vigilant as some personnel had allegedly been given a shoot-at-sight order in the ongoing struggle with the Eastern Security Network operatives.
The soldier, who spoke pidgin English in an audio acquired with the aid of SaharaReporters, delivered that he would no longer raise out the plan, and therefore, he had been allegedly marked through the military commander to be arrested and perhaps killed.
Orlu has been a battleground of latest between the navy and ESN operatives, with the navy announcing on Friday that it killed eleven ESN and IPOB operatives in a gun duel.
The soldier, who is connected to the 302 Artillery Regiment, Onitsha, Anambra State, warned residents of the city to relocate based totally on their commander’s alleged order.
In the audio got by way of SaharaReporters, the soldier said, “They first carried us (deployed us) to Maiduguri (Borno State). Then, 25 of us got here returned hoping that the count used to be ended. Then they carried us to 302 Artillery, Onitsha. All of us have been internal the barracks in Onitsha until 12pm this afternoon.
“When the fight ended in Orlu, the commander now said anybody we see, we should fire them.
“I beg you, because of God, if your person is in Orlu, from now till Monday, try to inform them. Tell them to change the location for now. Immediately I left the barracks, the commander said I was going out to expose them and make sure they get me and kill me.
“See the cloth that I am putting on. I didn’t buy these clothes with my money, if you follow this line, I was given this cloth and I have kept my uniform.”