Connect with us

In The News

COVID-19: Lagos, FCT Shut Seven Treatment Centres

Published

on

The Chief Medical Director, UATH, Prof Bishop Ekele, affirmed that to be sure the pace of confirmation had dropped fundamentally.

As indicated by a Saturday PUNCH report, it has been discovered that the two urban areas generally influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic – Lagos and Abuja – have started closing down disengagement places as Nigerians censure the clinical offices.

One of The PUNCH journalists in Abuja were educated that the National Hospital had released its last understanding while the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, which go to most serious cases, had around four patients instead of the normal of 30 extreme patients it used to have.

The Chief Medical Director, UATH, Prof Bishop Ekele, affirmed to Saturday PUNCH that to be sure the pace of confirmation had dropped essentially, adding that solitary four patients stayed at the disengagement ward and they may before long be released.

Ekele said, “We say thanks to God that things (cases)  are starting to drop. The specialists’ strike has no impact on our office. Generally, it is those that need oxygen that are brought to us. We have pretty much four patients and ideally they may before long be released.”

Additionally addressing one of our journalists, the representative for the National Hospital, Dr Tayo Haastrup, said the last persistent had been released a week ago.

“We have no more (Covid) patients in our disconnection centre,” Haastrup said on Friday.

“Notwithstanding, we won’t be shutting it down on the grounds that that is the thing that we use for pandemics like Lassa fever. We actually have the six spaces for such purposes,” he added.

The Chairman, Medical Sub-Committee of the COVID-19 Ministerial Expert Advisory Committee in Abuja, Dr Ejike Oji, said the drop in the disease rate was a positive turn of events. He, in any case, said this was not time for lack of concern.

Oji reviewed that toward the end of last year, there was a comparable drop in the disease rate which made individuals pull out all the stops. He said this demeanor was what prompted the subsequent wave. He, along these lines, cautioned that the battle against COVID-19 should be maintained.

“The facts confirm that extreme diseases have dropped however this isn’t the ideal opportunity for carelessness. On the off chance that you review when we saw a drop before the end of last year, individuals went ahead despite any potential risks. What we have discovered about COVID-19 is that the infection transforms. We perceived how the subsequent wave came. There could be a third wave in the event that we are not cautious.”

The Minister of State for Health, Dr Olorunnimbe Mamora, disclosed to Saturday PUNCH that the drop in the pace of diseases showed that the techniques received by the public authority were working.

“It shows that our systems are working. On the off chance that the pace of contamination is dropping, it shows we are accomplishing something right,” the serve said.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending